Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Until Proven Guilty

Really busy day today, but I just learned that the student accused in this bias incident is taking steps towards legal action. Against my friends whom he attacked, spit on, and degraded. Now he's saying he was the victim of a brutal beatdown by a gang of vindictive Koreans.

This just keeps getting better and better. The possibility that this kid can walk away without so much as a disciplinary scratch, well, isn't making me a happy camper at all.

UPDATE: I know what tonight's entry is going to be about. I feel bad in a way because I have met Mr. Ehrenfeld in person and he was kind and polite to me. I feel that those who are commenting on his article with remarks like "you make me ashamed to be at Tufts." are the ones who are truly blowing things out of proportion. But I feel that it is my duty as someone with a keyboard and an understanding of racism to make sure tha Mr. Ehrenfeld is called out on his errors and misguided assumptions.

If you're in Boston this Thursday, please come to this and show your support for the Asian American community and all those who are victims of discrimination and violence because of who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment